How Intelligent Are Rabbits??
· They can be trained quite easily to use a litter tray
· They can learn not to chew forbidden objects but this takes time and vigilance. Give your rabbit chewable toys (cardboard boxes, loo roll inners etc) and distract him if he starts chewing on something he shouldn't. However well trained your rabbit is, electrical cables are far too dangerous to leave unprotected! Cover them with plastic piping, slit lengthways
· If you would like a rabbit that enjoys sitting on your lap and being stroked, teach him to trust you. Never hold him against his will when he comes to you, use treats, nose-to-nose touching, chin rubbing, rubbing around his ears etc.
· To train your rabbit to jump you should get him used to running around on a rabbit harness. Once he is used to this you can start teaching him to jump small fences, most rabbits will jump automatically but some may need a little bit of food to tempt them. When they have mastered this it shouldn't take long before they can jumper higher fences
· Most rabbits can be voice-trained to obey certain commands. Repeat the word NO after the rabbit has misbehaved and take him away from the scene of crime. Place him in his cage if he continues bad behaviour.